Being your own contractor for a bathroom remodeling project may not be as complicated as it sounds. But what do you do when the situation goes out of control?
From plumbing issues or electrical difficulties, things can take an unexpected turn when you decide to go for a DIY approach in a home renovation project.
In a bathroom remodeling you should pay attention to:
Whether you choose to work alone or hire a contractor, there are a few aspects that require maximum of attention in a bathroom renovation project:
1. The demolition process. It is important to know that safety comes first and there are a few renovation projects that ask for professional assistance. In order to ensure a safe demolition and to avoid unwanted accidents, the best you can do is let a professional take over for you.
2. Waterproofing the bathroom. Keep in mind that even a small imperfection or a missed spot in the waterproof seal membrane can cause significant damage in time. So why not let a professional do it right from the beginning and avoid additional repairs in time.
3. Working with the electrical system. Working with electricity requires knowledge and maximum of attention. There are professionals specially trained for this aspect of a home renovation, so make sure you work with one too.
Did you know: keeping the existing electrical location can save you thousands of dollars.
4. Avoid buying cheap materials. On the short term buying cheap tiles sounds like a great deal, but on the long term it could turn out to be more expensive than you expected. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
5. Buy floor tiles suitable for the bathroom. The rule says you have to buy non-slippery tiles for the bathroom, and so you should do. But have in mind this: bathroom tiles are totally different from outdoor tiles. Sure, outdoor tiles will do a great job on the non-slippery part but it will be a nightmare to clean them, as the dirt will get caught in the sand-like finish.
The bathroom is one of the most used spaces in your house, so every once in awhile it deserves special attention.
At Gialluisi Custom Homes we understand that every part of your house is important, and our goal is to reach your expectations. Our professional designers are here to listen to your ideas and help you create the perfect design for your bathroom. Then our talented builders will make sure that your renovation project is completed on time.
With a wide range of bathroom remodeling projects completed and a continuous five star customer satisfaction, we are ready to bring your dream bathroom to life.
Schedule a consultation
All initial consultations are free at Gialluisi Custom Homes. Schedule yours and let’s have a look at your bathroom renovation plans.